Advisors help players who want to get NCAA scholarships. They don’t necessarily land a big paycheck for their player. Instead, they get reimbursed by the player or the player’s family to help put them into a better position for the future.
Benefits of Hiring a Hockey Advisor
- Family advisors can play an essential role in growing hockey players as they guide their options.
- Not every player and their parents have advisors, and they are by no means needed, but many of those who do find them priceless.
- Good advisors can also help future players understand and follow NCAA rules that provide student-athletes to maintain their professional status.
- It’s essential to recognize that family advisors are perfectly acceptable in the eyes of the NCAA – as long as advisors follow some detailed guidelines.
WHY HIRE College Hockey Family Advisor?
- We can help you if you live in North America or Europe
- Local advisors who can communicate in your language
- CHFA has now been in the industry for over 20 years
- We have helped players from all over the globe start their road to success and play college hockey
WHAT DO TEAMS LOOK FOR?
It is a difficult path to NCAA hockey yet some basic points are required to get to this level.
- Solid marks in school – GPA / SAT / ACT scores and results
- Schools really like a family that cause no issues
- Players that prove to be good people off the ice and volunteer etc.
- Hockey players that fit a role and have upside to potentially move on to pro hockey
AT WHAT AGE SHOULD YOU GET AN ADVISOR?
- Whenever you need some direction and guidance
- When players are 15 to 17 years old. Advisors, in our opinion, are not required for players that are younger than this.
An adviser’s part is that of a mentor or guide and differs categorically from that of a task-specific advisor. An adviser is generally part of the supervision, whereas task-specific advisors fulfill functional roles.
While an advisor’s goal is to take a complete view of a client’s case and then help them work toward those plans, an agent is typically more focused on determining a client’s need that their product can address
“Skeptical at first of hiring a family advisor because I thought my son would play in the USHL without any assistance. I am a single parent and without a doubt CHFA and their staff really helped me and my son. He is now on Omaha and that has been outstanding thank you.”
“Our family has been working with Darryl for the past few years and have been very pleased with the service he provides. Darryl is very professional in what he does and knows all the little ins and outs of the business. He always makes time to talk no matter how busy he is and truly looks out for the best interest of our son!”